cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Returning Smart Hub

Go to solution

I returned the Smart Hub  nearly 3 weeks ago. As well as sending back an old Home Hub 5 I had lying in the house. As BT sent me two return bags but it still says awaiting return for the Smart Hub. 
All I have is receipts of proof of posting for both from the post office and no tracking numbers.

How do I know BT has received my returns. As don't want to be charged £50 when I have sent the Smart Hub back almost 3 weeks ago and I now so far mostly happy with my new Sky FTTC broadband service.

Going by posts on here a few people have had the same sort of problems with returning stuff to BT.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Returning Smart Hub

Go to solution

It is presently taking about four weeks for accounts to be updated by BT after they have received returned items.

You can either wait the four weeks or call BT 0330.1234.150 with your Proof of Postage and they should be able to update your account.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @ney,

As @gg30340 has said, it can take the four weeks. Let me know if you need any help if you've already contacted us over the phone.

Thanks
DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Will wait another week and if it still says the same may give BT a phone.

Thanks for the replies.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You are very welcome @ney.

Hopefully it gets updated by then but you have us to fall back on if it doesn't.

Glad to see you're happy with your new service by the way.

Have a great day.

DanielS 

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Finally got updated earlier this evening after I got another reminder by text and email this morning to return the smart hub.

So all has been sorted just over 3 weeks after I send it back.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @ney,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that it's marked off as returned for you now.

I am sorry that it took 3 weeks to fully update on our systems.

Please, feel free to post up here any time.

Have a great weekend

Thank you
DanielS