cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

SMS from BT_SMS "new Full Fibre promise"

Looking when I joined this forum, it has been over 3 year in my current stint as a BT customer. I have to stay it has been an uneventful time, speeds OK, reliability OK. Since moving house the reliability has gone up, and the move was incredibly smooth. My new neighbours on cable can't say the same, but that's another topic! 

Anyway I've now just renewed for another 2 year contract and I got an SMS talking about the "Fibre Promise". Does this mean I'm going to get FTTH at some point soon, or perhaps at some stage within the 2 years of my new contract? 
"Your new Fibre 2 package with BT comes with our new Full Fibre promise, offering a free upgrade to Full Fibre 100 as soon as it's available in your area. So what's next? We'll get in touch with you once your area has been upgraded onto the new Full Fibre network and let you know how to get your free upgrade"

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: SMS from BT_SMS "new Full Fibre promise"

I got one yesterday too, from reading it all it means is IF it becomes available you can get a free upgrade to it, doesn't mean it's coming or anything

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Customers taking out a new contract will be eligible for a free upgrade to Full Fibre 100 when it becomes available in your area. We'll get in touch with you once your area has been upgraded onto the new Full Fibre network, letting you know how to get your free upgrade. You will need to recontract.

Game-changing speeds with our Full Fibre promise

You'll get a free upgrade to Full Fibre 100 as soon as it's available in your area - giving you an ultrafast connection direct to your door.

It's powered by the UK's most reliable broadband technology and delivers game changing speeds so you can connect over 100 devices.

Message 4 of 17

OK, that's good to know. Ironically when I asked the sales call centre just before I renewed what would happen when fibre came, they didn't mention this. They also didn't know I'd been sent a mailshot offering Fibre 2 for the price of Fibre 1 so internal communications between marketing and customer service could be improved.
Message 5 of 17

Has anyone actually ever got a free upgrade? I had this text message back in March, and know for a fact that full fibre 100 is available to me. So I have just questioned this with a bt advisor and they claim to have never sent any sms with this offer.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

@TheLordJediwrote:

Has anyone actually ever got a free upgrade? I had this text message back in March, and know for a fact that full fibre 100 is available to me. So I have just questioned this with a bt advisor and they claim to have never sent any sms with this offer.

Are you a Halo 3+ customer ?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

ISP’s are incentivised to get their customers off ADSL/VDSL and onto FTTP where FTTP is available , so accusingly asking if anyone has benefited from the upgrade is a little off, there will be many that take advantage as it benefits both party’s , the ISP is rewarded by OR/BTw and the consumer gets a faster , more reliable service , with no speed reduction due to line length etc, everyone ‘wins’

Message 8 of 17

Well I'm a Halo 3+ holder and I've just spent 30 minutes on the phone to BT and was repeatedly told the free upgrade does not exist and I would need to start a new contract.
Not a nice way to treat a long standing customer.
Message 9 of 17

this is the Bt advertisement for Halo 3+ and certainly free upgrade to FTTP 100 if available

is it available to you  enter phone number or address and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

0 Ratings