cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Set-up charge

Go to solution

Sorry if I've not posted in the right place.

Just wanting to know if anyone knows about Set-up charges? I signed up for bt tv but cancelled in my 14 day cooling off period as it wasn't right for me. My bill has been altered and the packages have been removed etc, but I've still been charged the £30 set-up charges. Is this right that I'm to be charged?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Set-up charge

Go to solution

@Beccaj 

Yes, you will have to pay that charge.

From the T&Cs.

5. You can change your mind

(a) You can change your mind and cancel the service within the cooling-off period.

(b) If we’ve already started providing the service by the time you cancel it, you'll have to pay the full cost of what you’ve used. This won’t take account of any discounts or free offers. It’ll also include any extra charges such as installation, connection or activation fees.

(c) If you cancel the service within the cooling-off period and we've given you any loaned equipment, the agreement won't end until you've returned the loaned equipment to us. The following will also apply.

(i) You must return the loaned equipment to us within 14 days of cancelling the service. We'll send you some pre-paid packaging to do this.

(ii) If you don't return the loaned equipment within 14 days, you'll have to pay the full cost of it, as set out in our Tariff Guide.

(iii) Once we get the loaned equipment back (or see evidence that you’ve posted it to us) if we think the loaned equipment is worth less because it’s been used or damaged, we reserve the right to charge you.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I was looking in the t&c's but obviously without my glasses. Thank you for clearing it up for me now.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

They are not the easiest to read 😞

0 Ratings