cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Single Address but Line Taken Over, now the other person is being charged a closure fee.

Theres is a back story to this that is probably best that I personally speak to an advisor, but it involves a multi occupency address, 1 of the lines was taken over as the 900Mbit connection was cheaper than the 80Mbit, if you can work out why I need to speak personally.

There appears to have been about 3 Months left on the 80Mbit line so this could have been worse, but having phoned BT I have spoken to multiple people and been told multiple things, I am the person with the 900Mbit take over, my house mate who isn't very fluent in English I have been speaking on his behalf I have been told on 1 call that the early ending of contract has been waved by 1 of the managment, suprisingly the phone call was then cut off and I then ended up speaking to someone and this advice was not entered on either of our cases and now has been landed with a £129.08 charge to come out on the 17th Oct.

I didn't want to take this to a public forum due to this nature, but this has been ongoing for close to 2 months now and we have both been paying line rental on a line and now landed with this charge.

I would appreciate some advice as this is outside of my remit and when we are not working different ends of the day Escalations will be getting a call if you are unable to assist?

I await a prompt reply regards 

Apnem

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Single Address but Line Taken Over, now the other person is being charged a closure fee.

@Apnem 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0800 800 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Single Address but Line Taken Over, now the other person is being charged a closure fee.

Was the wrong line taken over? If not I don't see why the charges would be waived as the previous contract was ended early

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I've used all my channels I have, I have an idea but does not take it going to escalations,
I'll see when my housemate and my paths meet again.
If a forum mod is around they still could interviene.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

There is back store to this I would prefer to stay private hence the Forum Mod and trying another avenue. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

If the 80mbps line account holder was your house mate, and the line was taken over by you and you are now the 900mbps account holder there would be early cancellation charges due by your house mate because in effect he/she has closed his/her account early. You can not change account holders. You must take out a new account. 

If you were the 80mbps account holder and you just upgraded to 900mbps there would generally be no cancellation fees because you did not cancel your contract, you entered into a new contract.

0 Ratings