cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Sky Copper line Broadband & BT Full Fibre at the same time?

I’m wanting to join BT and can receive Full Fibre at my address, I know it would be easier to switch completely and I would have enough bandwidth to cover what I need but my “complex” living situation means it’d be easier to have multiple providers at once instead.

We currently have a Sky landline and old, copper broadband. I was wondering how feasible it is to have BT Full Fibre installed alongside these two without affecting the current installation (and if I’d need to call to do it since the online order seems to only provide a switch option as far as I can see)? I know there can be issues with Wi-Fi interference from multiple routers etc too but I can get around that.

Quick Edit: I just saw the pinned message about the move to Digital Voice, does that even include if you take out a broadband package without a landline, or can I keep my current one in that case?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sky Copper line Broadband & BT Full Fibre at the same time?

@Rxdfern 

Full fibre install would use the same route as the copper, so the copper would be recovered, so you would not be able to keep both. Openreach are removing copper connections once FTTP is installed.

Many providers are now selling FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Digital voice is carried over your broadband. You would not be able to retain your copper landline any more,

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If you intend to keep your SKY broadband and phone connection then you should be able to get a completely new FTTP install from BT and selecting broadband only so effectively you have 2 broadband contracts with 2 ISPs

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@As@@imjolly has said, you can have 2 services at the one location. Just make sure when you place the order with BT that the agent is fully aware that it is a second line and not a transfer from your other line 

0 Ratings