cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

So… How do I renew my Broadband contract with BT?

Go to solution

…and I have tried!

I called to enquire about prices for a new Full Fibre 100 BB contract with BT

First BT employee, cancelled existing BT contract and set us up on an EE contract without my agreement or awareness (until 5 mins after the call) I was furious!!

Second BT employee agreed this was improper and promised to help and call me back. FAILED!!

Third BT employee was equally shocked at their colleagues behaviour and promised to restore our BT position but it would need to be after the contract expired… and he would call the day after that “to ensure all OK and get you sorted with an acceptable new contract and make sure you have not suffered extra costs due to all this mess”

He DID follow through on restoring our BT position and call us back BUT when I asked about a new contract he said “I cannot help you with that, I’ll have to transfer you to a sales colleague”

The BT sales colleague offered our same product at 33% more than the price BT offer online. She said “I cannot match our online prices, YOU need to order online” but When I try to order online I get message saying “Cannot currently make offers available to you, please contact our team on xxxxxxxxx”

“Arghhhhhhh!!!!” and similar phrases came to mind….

There comes a time when it is wise to just give up and take your custom elsewhere. 
I think we have reached that time…. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: So… How do I renew my Broadband contract with BT?

Go to solution

have you tried phoning retentions and see what you can negotiate 08007831401

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you for your suggestion
I did ask for retentions originally when I had the misfortune to get BT employee 1
However, It was a different number so I will try yours and post the result here…
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Andy1313 - I cant wait to see the results from Retentions. Good luck.....you'll need it.

At a guess:-

1. You cannot stay with BT, as there are no 'offer' prices available.
  2. You have to move to EE.
  3. The best prices are with EE.
  4. As an existing customer, we expect you to pay £10-£25 pm more that the advertised new customer prices. 
  5. 😠😧😠
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just in case the suspense was becoming too much....

We needed a break after all that BT nonsense so went away for a few Belgian beers and waffles.

On our return.... the phrase "CBA" applies!

I could not be bothered to faff around with BT's appalling customer service and the risk of another underhand experience ....so we have moved to another provider...just waiting for the install.

BT say "Sorry to see you are leaving..."

Oh Really ???!!???   Byeee!!