cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Someone wants to take over your line, 4 times and counting.

Hi All,

Within the past month I have been contacted about someone wanting to take over my line and that my service will be communicated 4 times. 

I have rang on all 4 occasion to cancel these obviously. 

I can believe once is a mistake, twice is a coincidence but four times within a month something is definitely up.

I really can't be bothered having this tug of war of having to ring up BT, wait in line to keep cancelling these. I've also been told this is completely out of my hands.

Has anyone had to deal with this? I'm starting to think its malicious and not an honest mistake now. I'm not sure what my options are?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Someone wants to take over your line, 4 times and counting.

@Hewinb  Have you checked your MyBT to see whether there may be some clue as to what, if anything, is up? When you have spoken to BT, did they admit to anything at all as you have said you cancelled. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi Carlusha

Nothing shows in MyBT.

When I’ve called in all every occasion I simply get told that  another provider is attempting to take it over and that they aren’t able to give any further details.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

All BT are doing is responding in the regulator mandated way, the other provider notifying BT your line is to be migrated, BT advise you , (in case it’s not what you want ) , if it’s the same company each time, you would think they would question the person applying to take your line over , asking why the existing provider keeps cancelling the takeover.
If it’s a genuine mistake , you would hope that the new provider would ask their applicant to double check they have used the correct address , as they are obviously incorrectly selecting your address , if it’s malicious I don’t suppose there is anything BT can do, AFAIK , BT cannot put a blanket , ‘do not migrate this line’ notice on your line , so if it’s malicious and the person messing with you has the stamina, you may have to keep fending them off.
If it is a genuine error , and your address is easy to misinterpret, like a house subdivided into flats , check with others in the building , if they are trying to migrate and keep getting their order cancelled

0 Ratings