cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Switch to EE Broadband: Final BT Bill

Go to solution

As an existing BT broadband customer, I took out a new broadband contract with EE effective November 7th 2023 on the assurance that the termination charges would be waived on the BT side.

Everything is fine on the EE account, services are up and running and first bill as expected, but I have also received a regular services BT bill and a letter re. termination charges this week! Live chat and then a telephone call have assured me that charges subsequent to the switch will indeed be cancelled (in fact I am due a refund) but they couldn’t say much about how/when this would happen - only that it ‘should happen soon’.

My regular charges from BT are set to be collected 27th Nov and then the termination charges 19th Dec. Clearly I should not be paying either but I am extremely wary of any credit reporting blemishes, even in the short term, as I am undertaking a mortgage application imminently.

Has anybody else had any similar experiences of a BT to EE broadband switch or better still, can a mod look to resolve this?

Unfortunately the process has been far from the article https://ee.co.uk/help/billing-payments/guide-to-bill/moving-bt-to-ee-bills#:~:text=to%20EE%20Broadba....

Regards

Dominic

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Switch to EE Broadband: Final BT Bill

Go to solution

Hi @Pcbnumber1

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry for the confusion around the cancellation charges after to moving to new EE Broadband.  I appreciate the time you taken on both live chat and over the phone to the helpdesk.  We'll be able to pick up from here and get clarity for you.  We are very busy at present and we'll get back to you as soon as we possibly can.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 3 of 3

Re: Switch to EE Broadband: Final BT Bill

Go to solution

Hi @Pcbnumber1 

Thanks for sending me your details glad I could help remove these incorrect charges for you.

Cheers

Stuart