cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Switched to BT from Sky

I switched from Sky to BT last month and i thought BT would let Sky know and cancel my line with Sky, but i just checked and Sky are saying i am still connected and i have to give 14 days notice? They are also going to charge me for the last 4 weeks and a further 2 weeks, surely this is not right?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Switched to BT from Sky

were you moving from SKY to BT for a similar package or were you moving from FTTC with SKY to FTTP with BT?

If FTTC to FTTC then BT should notify SKY they are taking over line but that does not happen if FTTC to FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Nor do BT cancel any Sky TV packages, just the broadband component.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

It was FTTC to FTTP but i cannot see anywhere on the BT website where it says i would have to contact Sky.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Did you order from BT and tell them that you were a Sky customer and use the correct process or did you just order from BT and expect them to inform BT?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

I ordered from BT online and on the webpage it says " Choose one of our great value broadband packages. No need to contact your current provider – we’ll do that for you (unless you’re with Virgin Media*). "

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Did you elect to keep your phone number and port to BT or did you decide to go broadband only?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

I did not have a phone number so i think it is broadband only

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

You probably had a phone number with sky for your FTTC but selecting FTTP and broadband only then there was no need for BT to contact SKY and take over the phone line and why you SKY was not cancelled

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hi @thebarrettbox, sorry that this happened. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings