cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 41

Re: Switching from BT to Ee

Go to solution

Maybe it might be better and remain with BT, I know it’s not what you wanted. But looking at the issues it’s created that I think is your only route, unless someone else comes up with another idea, because the only problem I had when switching to Full Fibre wjth BT was that they wouldn’t drill a hole in a uPVC window frame. 
But as my mother had died, I had a spare Sky setup, so Open Reach were able to feed the cable through the hole that Sky had drilled, which got around the problem. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 41

Go to solution

@Anj77 I'm in a similar boat - paying £38.38 for BT Fibre 1 which is the equivalent of EE's Fibre 50 Essentials.

If I switch via the web portal, I can 'upgrade' to EE Fibre for £38.58. Or I can register as a new customer and get the same package for £29.99, and get the router as well.

I will just wait for my contract to expire in December, and register as a new customer with EE.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 41

Go to solution

Just an update.  Bt switch over on 23rd July back from ee to bt. I was told my original telephone number which I have had for over 28 years would be taken for a few days then returned to me. 

My phone line went dead for 24 hours. Nobody informed me of my temporary number . I had to call yet again to customer services to find out. Meanwhile I am still waiting for my original number to be returned!!! The worst part is it switches to voicemail so people leave messages but I cannot access them. Hence scan results, vulnerable elderly relatives cannot get through & think they have left messages. I have asked for diverts or voicemail to be disconnected. All of this is evidently impossible !! By the way broadband still intermittent. Therefore regularly disconnecting and reconnecting the router. This fiasco has been going on since March !! The latest customer services guide is trying her best but it seems THE COMPUTER SAYS NO !!!

Message 24 of 41

Go to solution
It does seem that anything that comes into contact with EE is thereafter doomed for eternity!
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 41

Go to solution
"I will just wait for my contract to expire in December, and register as a new customer with EE."

Several people have reported on this forum that existing BT customers who try to register as a new customer with EE so as to get new customer discounts, get their application rejected because EE/BT recognise their street address as an existing BT customer.
BT likes to say it and EE are completely separate companies, but suddenly they become one entity when BT customers apply to EE as new business!
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 41

Go to solution

@chrisjp hmm in that case, maybe Plusnet is an option, although they are part of BT as well?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 41

Go to solution

My story on moving to EE… I was just told that my existing and expiring BT broadband contract could not be renewed, so I discussed this with a nice operative. She assured me that the new fibre contracts were with EE, but that I would still keep my email addresses, my BT Cloud ( she had never been informed this was closing down) and my BT Web protect. My phone line had to be made into a digital one. On this basis, I went for it. BUT I am now concerned that BT Cloud is closing down and I can find nowhere that my BT webProtect would be guaranteed, and I cannot seem to access this for my new laptop. The only bit I can find in in the EE app with an offer of antivirus for two computers for £2 a month…. Can anyone help with these?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 41

Go to solution

maybe your BT contract cant be renewed, but if possible, stay with them on a month-by- month basis until they literally " evict" you. Stay clear of EE at least until they have sorted all their transfer/ migration problems - or you'll likely become just another of their Beta testers, and once they have you, there's apparently no escape.

Message 29 of 41

Go to solution

When I switched I was told that my Cloud and email would remain active. 
And I would also keep my 15 licences from Norton.  So I don’t know why they’ve removed that option of the multi licence for full fibre customers whether on BT or EE. 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @AlbertSnodgrass1 

EE have their own community at

https://community.ee.co.uk/

There are also a lot of EE help pages including

https://ee.co.uk/help/broadband/getting-started/web-protect

0 Ratings