cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 41

Re: Switching from BT to Ee

Go to solution

They told me the same thing. I am still struggling to get my emails back 4 months later !

Evidently you don’t keep emails anti virus etc. They listened to my original sales call and told I was miss sold. This was after months of calls emails etc telling me basically “ tough luck.”

I copied the CEO Marc Allera into emails  and that got some action but as yet not back to normal . I was with Bt for over 40 years it is a shambles.

Message 32 of 41

Go to solution

Try sending an email direct to the ceo.

I did this recently and problem was resolved very quickly plus £10 credited to my account.

They even thanked me for pointing out the problem.

Message 33 of 41

Go to solution

Exactly my story. After months of battling with BT they did admit I was miss sold as no anti virus or cloud offered with EE as part of the package. Bt agreed to switch me back but it over a month and still not working correctly. Without my phone number for two weeks with it going straight to voicemail. Hence friends family and medical professionals believed they had left a message but of course I couldn’t access them.  Now on my Bt there are three accounts !!!

I STILL cannot manage my emails or create new ones.  Every time I try to do this a red notice appears saying I am not the registered account holder. All this began in March and I am at my wits end. To add insult to injury the bills still keep coming,no compensation offers as yet and the internet constantly dropping so I’m continually turning the router off and on. Went to my parents with TalkTalk using my devices with no problem at all.  I have been advised to contact the ombudsman

Message 34 of 41

Go to solution

I was told this to but it didn’t happen. After months of calls then writing to the CEO of BT/EE they finally agreed I had been mis-sold. Now enduring the lengthy process of moving back to BT.

Message 35 of 41

Go to solution

@Loccolady 

I was switched to EE the other day without my knowledge or agreement and have been told it's not possible to switch back to BT which is what I want to happen.

One of us is being lied to and I hope it's me!

Message 36 of 41

Go to solution

I do sympathise. Its the feeling of helplessness against an immovable object that is so frustrating, compounded by simultaneously seeing both EE and BT advertising claiming how wonderful they are.

Unlike the Post Office scandal, this isn't a situation where MPs or Government in general could intervene - these are private companies supposedly providing a public service, and how does one ring alarm bells apart from though consumer programmes line "Watchdog" or " You and Yours"?

Even if I could escape their clutches by transferring to an alternative provider like Vodaphone, I shudder to think what a mess they would make of handing over the required data, which could mean weeks, or even longer, if having no phone or broadband .

Its unbelievable for such a basic cockup to be happening with allegedly leading-edge tech companies in 2024.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 41

Go to solution
How do you contact the CEO? I cant get beyond the first line of call centre defenders!
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 41

Go to solution

Me too !!

I don't think I can take much more of updates calls engineers etc and absolutely nothing resolved since March.  The only thing they can manage is sending monthly invoices 

Message 39 of 41

Go to solution

@TimCurtis - Good luck, as it's all a big SCAM from BT.

How come a new customer can take out a new contract with BT today for 24 months, yet an existing customer is forced to move to EE? 

BT are making out that they no longer sell their broadband packages......but they do. Something isn't quite right and existing customers are being treated appallingly !!!

Message 40 of 41

Go to solution
It’s the same with the switch from BT, a new EE customer can get the full package of 1.6Gb for £69.99. But a transferring customer can’t even get the 1.6Gb package without paying exit fees.
If they’re one and the same company, then all customers current or new should be able to have whatever package is available at the advertised price.
I’m beginning to regret making the switch. I know hindsight is never a good thing.