cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Switching from EE to BT

Go to solution

Hi,

I was persuaded to swap my broadband provider from EE to BT despite not being out of contract with EE, I was told I wouldn't be charged because BT own EE and all customers are encouraged to swap. I went ahead on June the 14th and everything went smoothly until I noticed an upcoming bill for £135 on my EE account for cancelling early.

I cancelled my direct debit and phoned EE, they assured me it was a mistake and not to worry. 3 threatening letters and 3 phone calls later it's still not resolved. The final EE operator told me to email the bill to btswitchsteam@bt.com and they would sort it out. I've done this but heard nothing.

I'm getting quite concerned now, EE are threatening me with debt collectors.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Switching from EE to BT

Go to solution

@RedRuth1963 

Do you have a question then ? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, what should I do and can you help me?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I'd say complain to EE, they initiated this switch but are now trying to pass the buck when it comes to charges which ultimately they'd be responsible for & it'll be down to them to resolve

The fact they told you to email the switching team is laughable as 1) you weren't invited to use the switching process & ") from what I remember they don't pay charges from moving from EE as they're the same company

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I've been complaining to EE since I got the bill! They say it's up to BT to sort out.

When my mother had a problem with her Virgin service I posted on the help forums and an operator sorted out the whole issue, I assume he/she was an employee. I'm guessing from the tone of the replies that isn't the case here?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

So, I've sorted the problem out now. BT are responsible for paying the outstanding bill for cancelling early, it's part of the drive to get people to move from ee to BT. 

I had to send my bill with my order reference number to btswitchteam@bt.com and they have now confirmed they're paying the bill.

I managed to get this information by using the BT chat service. They were a lot more helpful and knowledgeable than anyone here, so far. Of course it would have saved a lot of time if someone had told me all this in the first place. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@RedRuth1963 

this is a customer help customer community forum and your post does not go to BT.  everyone here apart from forum mods is a customer just like you giving up time freely to help other customers with their problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@imjolly   The replies I've had have been either rude or totally wrong.  

0 Ratings