cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Switching from Full Fibre to Home Essentials

Go to solution

I am having trouble switching from my full fibre account to Bt Home Essentials even though I am receiving Universal Credit. 2 people that i have spoken to at BT say that it's coming up that i am not eligible when i give them my National Insurance number. Any ideas on how to proceed as the guy at the DWP said it should be an easy switch over

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Switching from Full Fibre to Home Essentials

Go to solution

@Nickster65 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Based on what has been posted before on this forum, are you the broadband account holder, with your name on the bill?

Info page https://www.bt.com/broadband/home-essentials

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Hi,
Thanks for the message. Yes, same surname, DOB and NI number.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Does the name on the bill, match exactly to your name on your other documents, same initials etc. I think BT systems expect an exact match between the two?

If they do match, and as this is just a customer to customer forum, one of the BT moderators will need to look at it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

ok thanks. they definitely match

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

There must be another issue.

I will ask a moderator to assist, they should post on this forum, they are the only BT Employees on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Do they have a FTTP equivalent of Home Essentials? Could that be the issue because once on fibre you cannot go back to copper?

Given that it is hoped most people will be on FTTP in a few years they need to have a social tariff sorted out because just being on FTTP is no indicator of your ability to pay full price forevermore.

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@Colin_Londonwrote:

Do they have a FTTP equivalent of Home Essentials? Could that be the issue because once on fibre you cannot go back to copper?

Given that it is hoped most people will be on FTTP in a few years they need to have a social tariff sorted out because just being on FTTP is no indicator of your ability to pay full price forevermore.

BT have never treated how the service is delivered differently, Essential, Fibre 1 and 2 were the same price is they were FTTP or FTTC.

Home Essentials is the same, you can have 40/10 (40mbps down and 10mbps upload) or pay a bit extra for 80/20

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Nickster65,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you haven't been able to change over to Home Essentials. Please send me your details and I'll get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Nickster65 Many thanks for getting in touch with your details, it was my pleasure to help with your order for Home Essentials.  You know where we are if you need any further assistance. 

Neil