cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Switching team

My father has been quoted a decent contract price to switch from Virgin to BT but Virgin are insisting on an early release payment of £288. The BT agent has suggested Switching Team WILL COVER THIS COST.
Is that correct?? I have looked at threads relating to Switching Team and they all suggest my father should pay the final instalment and then claim the credit once he has signed with BT. All sounds reasonable, is this process still current and ongoing?? Will BT credit for a large amount of £288??

any help or advice would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Switching team

BT will not cover the cost unless it has already been agreed. DO NOT take it for granted that they will unless you have an agreement preferably in writing.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

from previous post the paying of early termination costs was by invite only not standard.  unless you have something from BT saying if you switched they will pay ETC then looks like they will have to be paid by your father

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your reply. It seems BT salesperson quoted my father a good price for a complete phone/broadband/tv package, but Virgin want £288 for early release from an existing package. The BT salesperson then suggested the Switching Team process but inferred the £288 would actually be PAID by BT. Following previous BT Community threads, my father would have to pay the £288 and hope the Switching team would apply the credit. This sounds like a desperate move to keep the new sale contract alive, without explaining fully the Switching process or any guarantee that BT would credit the monies paid to Virgin.

I have advised my father to double check his Virgin contract, any release payments incurred or try to negotiate a new price before switching to BT.

Thanks again. 

0 Ratings