cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

They Keep Changing Our Installation Date...

OK, I have no idea where to put this post, so I shall place it in the location as my previous one.

We placed an order for BT Broadband on 14th March. We were told that our installation date was booked for 1st March. There were no "ands, ifs or buts" and no mention at any time that date is subject to change, so we believed 1st March was our guaranteed install date. So we proceeded to cancel our contract with our then current ISP, who have recently cut our internet 1 month after cancellation.

Due to this, we are now using BTs 4G Mini Hub thing for basic browsing, but I cannot upload my videos to YouTube (so I can't do my job and earn money) and we cannot entertain ourselves with Netflix, Disney+ etc as the 4G Mini Hub doesn't seem up to the job.

We had an engineer come out on 5th March. After this happened, our NEW installation date was increased to 24th March! This was unacceptable, so I raised a complaint that took BT 10-14 days to review. They did try to call us, but my father was unable to take the call as he was working. He's trying to call them back today.

However, out of the blue and seemingly at random, our installation date has been pushed back AGAIN. This time to 28th March!! WHY? Because I complained?? They seem to be OK with leaving us with basic internet for nearly a month? Why did they change the date to even further in the future??

I have to say, from a new customers point-of-view, this is terrible service and a terrible experience. This is our first change to a new ISP in nearly 2 decades, our FIRST change over, and it's a bad experience.

Anyone from BT care to shed light as to why our installation date has been moved forward without reason? Or IS there a reason? Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: They Keep Changing Our Installation Date...

You shouldn't have cancelled your previous contract, simply placing the order with BT would have taken care of the switch. I'm guessing that the old provider ceased the connection as instructed & BT now have to wait for the line to clear down before they can activate it. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: They Keep Changing Our Installation Date...

Hi @PureChaosX 

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for posting!

I am sorry that your installation date has moved a few times from the original date you were given.  I understand things haven't went as smoothly as you'd like with the switchover.

We'd need your details to find out why the date has moved out again.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings