cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Transfer from BT to EE Issues

Go to solution

Hi, I was moved from BT to EE on 19 April, almost a month ago.

I was on the highest package full fibre 900 and was supposed to get like for like on the full works 900 with EE.

my issue is that despite talking to over 10 agents I still don’t have working EE wifi disc or Hybrid Connect.   My house is bad for wifi and so over the years BT had given me 4 of their black wifi discs. EE you can have 3 , only 1 has been sent, but the issue is there is a KNOWN IT issue on their side that does not activate the wifi disc service nor the hybrid connect.

my complaint has been closed twice for no apparent reason and each agent tells me something different!

it has been escalated a number of times but no one seems interested or able to fix it.   Both me and my wife run our business / jobs from home and we are struggling to get WiFi signals in our offices so are getting really desperate here.  I’ve spent hours on phone to agents repeating my story…..

I wish I had stayed with BT as was happy with a fully working system!!!

any help is appreciated 

thanks 

Alastair 

@DanielS 

@NeilO 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Transfer from BT to EE Issues

Go to solution

@Ajr999 

as you have transferred your account to EE then you need to post on the EE community for assistance  https://community.ee.co.uk/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@Ajr999 

Just to add, you should not be running a business on a residential account, whether its BT or EE, as its not permitted under the T&Cs.

Perhaps you should consider BT Business or EE Business,  if you want something reliable?

https://business.ee.co.uk/

https://business.bt.com/

Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you, we are both employees , but I am just based at home 100% so a personal contract is still required.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Ok thanks I’ll give that a try !
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Ajr999 

Some employers do pay for a business connection, if an employees provides a critical service that need a proper SLA (Service Level Agreement).

Home working is normally accepted on a residential account, as its very common, as you would expect. Internal connectivity issues would be the responsibility of the end user. Wireless is not a reliable method of connection, Ethernet connections are the only way.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Yes mate I get that but it was working with he old Bt hub and the point is my package includes wifi discs they haven’t sent nor can they activate on my account due to tech issues , so a bit of a disaster
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

You are not the only one, judging by what has been posted on the EE forum.

My personal opinion is that the two BT divisions, should have stayed separate, as EE is heavily involved in mobile services, and does not have the resources to deal with broadband migrations.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks, wish I’d known that
Hopefully will get sorted eventually
I will have a read on the other forum
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Depending on what you're paying for it, it might be more economical to purchase your own mesh system. You would hope that EE wouldn't resist the downgrade given that they admit they can't fulfil what you're paying for.

0 Ratings