cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Tried to leave, tempted back and then was severely treated

Yesterday (23/09/2024). I tried to leave BT and signed up with a competitor. BT then contacted me to see if there was anything they could do to get me to stay, they offered me a great deal, I accepted and they told me it would all go through once I canceled with the competitor which I did the same day. I received an email from BT with a contract summary showing the offer and the monthly price on the same day. On the 24/09/2024 I received another email from BT asking me to contact them with no other information. So I did. I was put through to a guy ( think he said Kyle) in Belfast who reviewed the order and said it seemed to be stuck in pending and then put me through to Esha in Newcastle who eventually told me the deal was pending and was no longer available and the price would be increased from £28.99 to £40 a month which I was very unhappy about. I asked to speak to a manager and was told I could get a call back in 5 days but they wouldn't be able to do anything, so I asked to make a complaint and she told me I wasn't able to make a complaint and there was no complaints department. So as we were on the call I had to read out to her the complaints code of conduct on the BT website which she had no idea about.  I asked to speak to the manager today and was told No and I'm supposedly getting a call back tomorrow.  I was offered one months free and then £40.a month there after which I did not take as its nowhere near the deal we already agreed too. At this point I wish I'd never decided to come back. Additionally Esha was very unprofessional although I was very frustrated at this point so wasn't the easiest to deal with. Can someone please reach out to me to resolve this. 

1000021675.jpg

1000021676.jpg

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Tried to leave, tempted back and then was severely treated

This is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

Try phoning the retention team 08007831401 and see if they can help you sort out new contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Tried to leave, tempted back and then was severely treated

This smells like the classic "bait & switch" contract deviousness. Has BT really sunk to these sort of depths now?
0 Ratings