Message 11 of 16

Re: Try move to EE

they have replaced 10 time does same thing
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Hi @UkzVortex

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having placing your order.  Can you send us over your details so that we can fully investigate from here, please?  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

@UkzVortex wrote:
they have replaced 10 time does same thing

if BT have replaced hub as you say then problem cannot be a faulty hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Yes it is the fault with hub over heating popping cracking
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

@UkzVortex wrote:
Yes it is the fault with hub over heating popping cracking

I cannot believe that has happened with everyone of the 10 you say you have had as replacements

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 16 of 16

@UkzVortex 

The noise you hear from the home hubs is most likely from the voltage regulator inside which does generate high frequency noise which is normally inaudible to most people, but some can hear it, especially if they are under 40 years of age.

The noise can be modulated with what sounds like a popping noise, as the loading on the voltage regulator changes.

This does not mean its overheating, as if it was overheating, it would totally shut down and the lights would go off.

Its quite possible for all home hubs to produce this noise, so an EE hub is likely to do the same.

0 Ratings