cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Trying to help elderly neighbour access their MyBT account, they are listed as a "Service User"

Go to solution

I'm trying to help our neighbour access her MyBT account.  She can log in, but for some reason billing and package information isn't visible.  Phone calls to BT's customer support have been pretty useless - they can see the information and can't understand why she can't.

Anyway, after some digging around I found that her MyBT Account Details page lists her role as "Service User".  Does anyone know what is this?  The role isn't mentioned in BT's help pages, and surely she ought to be Account Holder? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Trying to help elderly neighbour access their MyBT account, they are listed as a "Service U

Go to solution

There will be nothing that the forum users will be able to do to help so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Trying to help elderly neighbour access their MyBT account, they are listed as a "Service U

Go to solution

is it possible that the account is in husband's name and your neighbour is account manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

A 'service user' is someone who typically uses the services but isn't the account holder, for example a partner/husband or wife of the account holder, your neighbour needs to claim account holder status, then she can see bills and make changes.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Re: Trying to help elderly neighbour access their MyBT account, they are listed as a "Service User"

Go to solution

Hi @Chris53

Welcome and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems your neighbour is having.  Try the steps here please and post back to let me know how you get on:  What's the difference between an account holder and account manager in MyBT?

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

Unfortunately those steps you posted don't cover the situation where you're NOT listed as an Account holder or an Account manager.  However, we did get to the bottom of it...

It turns out that my neighbour had both a Service User profile and an Account Holder profile.  Unfortunately, for some reason, the Service User profile took precedence and was masking the Account Holder profile.   We finally managed to speak to someone in customer services who understood the problem and fixed it.