cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Tv contract renewal offer

Hi,

I currently have the tv Vip package which comes to the end of contract next month.

Today I have received a letter and when I follow the link to the website it is offering Vip for £1 for 3 months.

Just a shame it doesn't include the new BT Pro box.

Do you think it's worth phoning BT to see if they can offer something better than the online offer ?

Thanks  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Tv contract renewal offer

Call the number on the letter and ask. I spoke with them yesterday to renew my TV but I ended up doing it online as they had a system glitch. 

I'm currently on Big Sport but I'm moving to VIP because of the offer. There was no mention of the Pro Box but it did ask me if I wanted an appointment to assist with setup or self install...

I'm not really fussed about the Pro Box but I'll happily take it if one drops through the door 👌

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the info.

I'll maybe try ringing them at soon. I'm not that bothered  about the new box.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Spoiler

I received this offer on Tuesday and felt it was pretty decent all things considered (BT aren't normally as good at giving existing customers such "new customer" type offers.)

It's basically a circa £210 sweetener, near enough up front, for recontracting for 2 years to something I'd have been keeping anyway.

So I recontracted on Tuesday but last night called to see if I could get the Pro TV box also. I was able to get it (order in progress)  although they wouldn't waive the activation and postage fees. And confirmed that I had recontracted both BB & TV again for 2 years (only extending by 1 day, so academic). Confirmed the £1pm for 3 months still in place and existing BB, landline and Mobile discounts unaffected.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for that info  

I'll probably give them a ring tomorrow.

I'll post back on here and let you know how I get on.

Message 6 of 7

Hi,

I rang up today to see about the vip offer.

So I've managed to get the BT Pro Box with no charges and the VIP package for £1 a month for 3 months.

Message 7 of 7

Well done, the person I spoke to was not for budging on the charges for the Pro box. Maybe as I'd already taken the VIP offer online.

That's life.

0 Ratings