cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Two old accounts still active and not closed and one on clearscore for my old address

Go to solution

Hi,

I've tried calling BT twice now and havn't got anywhere with this, the call was closed on their end both times.

I noticed that I still have a BT account listed on my clearscore profile that says it's still active and being paid every month but I don't have any services in my name. 

When I looked into it I also found that I still had login access to my old BT account which I believe was from EE when I had BT sports via my phone contract (now ended since over 1 year).

Clearscore is showing an active account at my old home address (not there since December 2022) with monthly payments being completed.  I can only see the last two digits of that account the rest is starred out and it's unrelated to the account(s) I can log into.  I don't know what account that related to but the address is my old address that I'm not resident at any more.

The account I can log into is open but has no services on it, it also has a drop down with three other accounts, one of which is the same, active but no services and two others which are showing as 'closed'.

Can someone from BT help me understand why this is the case? 

All accounts should now be closed and the one showing on my clearscore should not be linked to me or that address at all. 

I currently have no account or services with BT to the best of my knowledge so nothing should be open or linked to me,  my credit report or my old address in any way.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Two old accounts still active and not closed and one on clearscore for my old address

Go to solution

Hi @Perfecto999 and welcome.

I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. I've dropped you a private message so please get in touch and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Message 3 of 3

Re: Two old accounts still active and not closed and one on clearscore for my old address

Go to solution

Thanks for sending over the details @Perfecto999.

I'm glad I was able to get this sorted for you.

Cheers

David