cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Unable to activate BTID

Go to solution

Hello,

I recently took out a new Broadband contract after the old one expired and was told a new Account Number would have to be created for the new package.

After experiencing problems viewing the new Account within MyBT the BT Helpdesk deleted the old Account and advised creating a new BTID for the new Account Number.

I created the new BTID, got the activation email, clicked on the link and got confirmation that it had been activated. However, when logging in, a message came up saying "Your BTID has not yet been activated". There were links to Resend activation email or Change BTID username.

The BT Helpdesk, over a number of days, have had me repeat the process with different email addresses, tried changing passwords, clearing cache and cookies, all to no avail. I am now stuck in a loop I can't escape from and have no means to manage the account in MyBT.

If anyone has a solution I would be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to activate BTID

Go to solution

Hi @Joe55,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry that it's not working as it should be.

We will take a look into this for you and do our best to help. I've sent you a private message with some information that I need before we can pick this up for you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to activate BTID

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know we got this sorted for you @Joe55 .

Get back to us if you have any other problems.

All the best

David

0 Ratings