cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Unable to create myBT Id

I'm having trouble setting up myBT Id. I just keep getting the message unable to verify as they do not have my email address. I spent half an hour on hold, was transferred to a different department  then I was cut off. The messaging service was helpful to a point but wanted information I didn't have on hand. Any suggestions please? I'm trying to activate caller display for an elderly relative. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to create myBT Id

If you are wanting to activate caller display for a relative who has their own BT account for their phone you will need to use their MyBT and not yours in order to do that.

If the relative does not have a BTID they will need to set one up as per the following link which will then allow them to access their MyBT.

What is a BT ID and how can I get one? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi, thank you. I've tried all that the link suggests but no luck. The problem seems to be that BT doesn't have my relative's email address so they can't verify the a/c  but the person I spoke to couldn't (or wouldn't) take it over the phone! I set my own up ages ago with no problem at all. x

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

BT do not need to have the email account that you are using prior to setting up the BTID.

When you use the process to set up the BTID it is at that point that you enter the email address that you wish to use. Once you enter it, an email from BT is sent to that email address in order to validate it. It is an automated process.

I would suggest that you either try again setting it up with the link that was posted or you call BT 0800.800.150 with the relative present along with their account details and the Customer Service rep should be able to assist you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi, thank you being so patient!😁 This is the bit it keeps getting stuck at,

'Confirm your identity

We do not have your email address or mobile number in our records.'

Looks like I'll have to try ringing again and hopefully get through to somebody helpful rather than someone who puts me on hold for half an hour before cutting me off🙄. Once again, many thanks, much appreciated x

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @KW3,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems creating a BT ID.

If you send me your details, I'll be able to give you a hand. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings