cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Unable to get FTTC broadband at property

Hi,

We’re having a bit of an issue getting FTTC broadband in our new property. I have made several broadband orders with sky, talk talk, BT and then EE. All have been cancelled and rejected by openreach.

At first, we were told that this was due to the previous owners cancelling their broadband so the line wasn’t available at the time to take over. We were then told that the speed we were ordering wasn’t actually available so went for a slower speed.

When I ordered with BT, this was cancelled and when I contacted them they told me that actually there is only copper available but we are in a copper withdrawal area.  However our previous owner has fibre to the cabinet as well as our neighbours. 
I have looked at the availability checker and this is what displays.  

Does anyone have any advise or idea what is going on and who I can contact as no one seems to be helping! 

IMG_2577.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to get FTTC broadband at property

@katieh_1 

FTTC is shown as available, so you should be able to place an order with BT or EE.

FTTC is a copper connection from the cabinet to your property.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

No such thing as a copper withdrawal area , SoGEA is available, that’s FTTC without a PSTN phone service and as stated is showing as available to order ….are you definitely ordering 40,55 or 80Mb ( Essential, Fibre 1 or Fibre 2 ) and not Gfast ,
Gfast is showing as available but many ISP no longer provide it , so if you are ordering faster than 80Mb that would be Gfast , and may explain the cancellation, if it’s 80Mb or less then it’s not clear why your order gets cancelled
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

This has been showing available for a while and have since ordered with both BT and EE and both orders have been cancelled.
The person at BT said only copper was available but then passed me over to EE as they use a different “system” whatever that means. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Yes I ordered the fibre 2 package from BT this was up to 73Mbps and the same with EE. That explains why Sky had cancelled as that was up to 140Mpbs.

Its very bizarre 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

It’s difficult to see why your order keeps getting cancelled,

it’s not that likely, but if the previous occupant is still contracted with their supplier ( even though they have moved out ) and don’t want to pay early termination charges , and prefer to keep paying monthly for a service they can’t use , and received the ‘sorry to see you leave , if this is unwanted, call to get this takeover cancelled ‘ as an email from their provider, they may be via their provider, cancelling your legitimate order , but that’s not really likely , for one thing this communication is normally sent through the post and if it goes unanswered, the job can proceed .

All you can do is ask why if the checker shows availability, what is the reason your orders keep being cancelled, the other possible reason if there is a problem with the address, is the address ‘standard’ or is the address unusual in anyway .

0 Ratings