cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Unable to switch to online-only bills

I recently upgraded my broadband with BT. I did this on the phone after being told 3 different prices on the shoddy BT website.

The person who helped me do the upgrade told me that the bills would be online-only / paperless.

However, I now get printed bills through the mail every month.  I've tried switching this over, following the instructions here:

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/manage-account/how-do-i-view-my-bill-online-/how-do-i-ch...

These instructions mention clicking on 

"Billing & Usage"

and

"Change how you receive your bill"

The problem is that neither of these options appears anywhere on my account when I login.  It feels like the website has been updated and the instructions are out of date.

Anyway, I don't particularly want to pay £3 per bill for a paper bill which I don't need, which I specifically asked not to get, and which I was told I wouldn't receive.

I've just waited for support for 1 hour to help me answer this question but no support agent joined the chat.

How do I fix this issue?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to switch to online-only bills

Hi, @djginge Thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the problems you have encountered when trying to set up online bills. The instructions for setting up online billing are correct on the help page you posted so that makes me think there may be a problem with your MyBT details.

Can you check that your BT account information has been included by logging into MyBT, click Your details, click account and make sure your account information is correct on that page. You can add your account number if it's not there or out of date. 

Please can you let me know how you get on?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I followed your instructions and found the "Your details" page had an incorrect phone number listed (a number I've never seen before) and a BT email address which I've never used.

I've updated those so that they are correct. 

This is the worrying bit:

djginge_0-1650144881384.png

When I click on "See how I'm billed", it opens a page with this error message at the top

"Sorry, we can’t get your account details at the moment"

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @djginge,

Thanks for following our instructions. I am sorry that it won't let you change to paper free.
I'd like to look into this for you and get it sorted. I've sent you a private message with some info that I need.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings