cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Unknown mobile number appeared in MyBT

Go to solution

Hello,

I am asking on behalf of OH who tells me that there is a mobile number in his My BT account that he doesn't recognise. It only shows up within Edit Marketing Preferences alongside our landline and his genuine mobile number.  However, there doesn't seem to be any way of deleting it. He doesn't allow any marketing bumf so presumably nothing gets sent to there, anyway.

Checking various sources on the web suggests that it's an EE number (it starts 07483) though one site even puts its location as somewhere in Russia!

Any advice gratefully received.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unknown mobile number appeared in MyBT

Go to solution

Hi @pat88, thanks for posting about this.

Does this strange number appear on both the web and the app when you check? If it's just the app then try uninstalling it and install it again. 

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hello John

Thanks for getting back to me.

OH says that he sees this when logged in on a PC . (We don't know about the app as never managed to locate the equivalent to the My Details tab.) 

Oddly enough, we tried ringing the number from a couple of old payg phones registered with another provider. One call elicited  a message saying number not available on this network , while the other just went to voicemail.

Kind regards

Pat

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @pat88, thanks for checking that for me. 

I've sent you over a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team. We'll be happy to help get it removed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi All, just to update the community with the solution.

The unrecognised number was the actually the number associated to the Halo 4G hub supplied due to broadband fault.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings