cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Upcoming re-contract - concerned about EE reviews

Go to solution

In a month or so my BT broadband contract runs out .  I have been happy with BT broadband and as everything works I wouldn't necessarily shop around.  I read on here that new contracts are being transferred to EE.....  I don't really want to change my BT router which covers the house perfectly and I am concerned at the 1 star reviews for EE, particularly customer service which seems ot have moved out of BT (very good) to offshore contact centres (with very bad reviews).

Is EE a bad as the thousands of bad reviews state?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Upcoming re-contract - concerned about EE reviews

Go to solution

You can stay with BT, but the sales  people would like to get you to move to EE, as they get paid commission. You need to insist that you want to stay with BT, under the same terms as you are now.

Of course you do not have to renew, you can stay out of contract and lose any discounts, but you may still be better off.

EE are a separate company within the BT Group, but as you can see, it has issues.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

If you look at Trustpilot there's nothing to choose between BT & EE.

rbz5416_0-1719737094862.png

rbz5416_1-1719737206162.png

And before anyone with purple tinted glasses pops up with the predictable, "Only unhappy customers post reviews"

rbz5416_2-1719737401093.png

If you want to stay with BT I'd suggest logging onto MyBT & seeing what renewal offers you have there. If there's something acceptable you're less likely to have to deal with rogue agents on the phone who, as above, seem highly incentivised to migrate you to EE.

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

you can try the retentions team 08007831401 and see what you can negotiate ensuring you are aware of the latest BT offers and also other ISP.  you can as @Keith_Beddoe posted stay as you are and do nothing but you will lose any discounts you have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
IMHO there is only one piece of advice if you're considering a move to EE, and that is "don't". Stay in the safe environment that is called BT for as long as you can and then look elsewhere. "Shambles" doesn't come near it, and they're dragging down the name of BT with them.
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

For every "shambles" theres other transfers that will have been absoluteley fine. The views aee totally skewed as you only hear the bad stories not the good ones. My mum for example was moved to EE last novemeber & no issues whatsoever

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
I'm sure there are some good experiences with EE, but the number of complaints about it suggest that these are more than a few isolated instances. Better to stay with BT if you can and that means renewing online as the BT/EE telephone agents will tell you anything to persuade you to shift to EE so they can get their commission.
The whole BT/EE situation is pretty dire. When it suits BT they'll tell you that BT and EE are completely separate organisations. However, if you're a BT customer and you seek a quote from EE as a new customer so as to get the often offered discounts, the system immediately links your application to your existing BT account and you therefore don't "count" as a new customer so don't qualify for the discounts.
Heads they win, tails you lose with BT/EE!
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

rbz5416 - I suppose you can only say as you see. I'm very surprised at the BT score, and I wonder how badly that has been affected by their integration/handover/abdication with EE. I had many years of faultless service with them, both in terms of landline, broadband, TV and mobile. I literally used to call once a year to haggle over their proposed price rises, and usually got some joy out of that. Everything else was fault-free and I could manage any changes via web or app.

My experience of EE so far is that after being told I would eventualy hit the buffers with the temination of residential BT services, I had a sticky but eventually successful technical transfer of mobile and broadband services, but had to sacrifice my landline to keep my pbills down to the BT level. Since then I've phoned them on average once a week for six months (very polite phone staff btw) to find out when I'm finally going to be able to manage my account through app or web, in order to understand the money being taken from me, make changes, or even (unlikely) buy something from the EE store. As an interim measure I asked for a printed bill. This appeared once but never again.

I fell hook, line and sinker for the "it's just a rebrand" promotion. If it is, then it's akin to Fortnum and Mason deciding that the Primark label will enhance their reputation in future.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@tonywickwrote:

rbz5416 - I suppose you can only say as you see. I'm very surprised at the BT score, and I wonder how badly that has been affected by their integration/handover/abdication with EE. I had many years of faultless service with them

There lies the rub. Any organisation  can provide great service as long as that service is working. The test is what happens when things go wrong,  & BT have abjectly poor at that for decades. So nothing to do with the complete bodge job they've made of the merger, although that certainly hasn't helped. Historically with BT you paid peanuts & got monkeys.  Now the prices are forever rising while the level of service declines.

My contract ends in November but they've been attempting to extract another 12% out of me since June. Then they want another 10% in March, but I'll be long gone by then.