cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Upcoming re-contract - concerned about EE reviews

Go to solution

In a month or so my BT broadband contract runs out .  I have been happy with BT broadband and as everything works I wouldn't necessarily shop around.  I read on here that new contracts are being transferred to EE.....  I don't really want to change my BT router which covers the house perfectly and I am concerned at the 1 star reviews for EE, particularly customer service which seems ot have moved out of BT (very good) to offshore contact centres (with very bad reviews).

Is EE a bad as the thousands of bad reviews state?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upcoming re-contract - concerned about EE reviews

Go to solution

You can stay with BT, but the sales  people would like to get you to move to EE, as they get paid commission. You need to insist that you want to stay with BT, under the same terms as you are now.

Of course you do not have to renew, you can stay out of contract and lose any discounts, but you may still be better off.

EE are a separate company within the BT Group, but as you can see, it has issues.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

If you look at Trustpilot there's nothing to choose between BT & EE.

rbz5416_0-1719737094862.png

rbz5416_1-1719737206162.png

And before anyone with purple tinted glasses pops up with the predictable, "Only unhappy customers post reviews"

rbz5416_2-1719737401093.png

If you want to stay with BT I'd suggest logging onto MyBT & seeing what renewal offers you have there. If there's something acceptable you're less likely to have to deal with rogue agents on the phone who, as above, seem highly incentivised to migrate you to EE.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

you can try the retentions team 08007831401 and see what you can negotiate ensuring you are aware of the latest BT offers and also other ISP.  you can as @Keith_Beddoe posted stay as you are and do nothing but you will lose any discounts you have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.