cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Upfront fees

Went to get broadband 900 went through the whole process and at checkout there is a upfront cost even though I was led to believe that there wasn’t any at all. New customer switching from virgin media. Why is the quote I was offered now suddenly changed from 0 upfront that? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upfront fees

"No upfront" probably refers to delivery or activation fees. All new contracts require the first month to be paid in advance at the point of order.

Message 3 of 5

At no point did it ever say that I would have to pay a month upfront. It literally says no upfront fees. I went through checkout literally 5 -10 minutes before that and cancelled literally at the last second as I needed to see how to switch as I’m with Virgin media currently. I went back to repurchase and suddenly there’s a upfront cost which was not there before. If it says no upfront then it should be no upfront fees. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@rbz5416wrote:

"No upfront" probably refers to delivery or activation fees. All new contracts require the first month to be paid in advance at the point of order.

Not at the point of order they don't, first bills are raised a few days after the service goes live, then you get billed a part month and a full month, after that normal monthly billing.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@bunitwrote:

If it says no upfront then it should be no upfront fees. 

How much is it? £9.99 is the standard postage fee for equiment, did you order any other services? BT TV subscriptions can have an activation fee, the broadband may have no upfront costs, additional services might.

0 Ratings