cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Upgrade- At end of tether

Go to solution

Hi, I am afraid I am loosing the will , if i did not need wifi for my banking, work etc I would become part of the ever growing community that just gets rid of wifi. 

In April, I was sent a letter saying that my contract was finishing and I had to contact BT to arrange a new package. I did this and agreed to an upgarde to Full Fibre and a TV package. It was arranged that BT would come to my home to install the fibre on 30th April, a Friday between 1 and 6pm . I then received a text to say that BT could not access my property on 27th April (Tuesday), three days earlier than arranged. 

I then called BT who confirmed that someone would be at my proprty on the 30th between 1 and 6pm. This happened to be the start of a Bank Holiday. I sat in but no one arrived. I then received an email from BT saying that they had cancelled my contract and I should send the equipment back.

I called again another contaract was agreed. They arranged for an engineer to install today. This was done, however, I have been informed tonight that the agreed contact has not be activated by an employee, I will refrain from saying his name here. Our conversation, online wnt on from 21.07 until 21.57 and they are now wanting to charge me more again.

I actually felt tonight that I was being goaded into an argument. I was getting meesages from him like "I have checked your TV package" then nothing for ages. The I asked for a transcript of the convesation and he said "Surely you will get that on your History" I still did not get a reply from the original question which was "How do I access Netflix?"

Have any of the community experienced this level of entrenched, non-support? I have been trying to resolve this issue since April, it is both disappointing, infuriating and also as someone who has worked on the front line throughout lockdown , an insult.

Thankyou for any helpful advice,

Cb25

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Upgrade- At end of tether

Go to solution

not particularly an answer to all your question but I have found chat support not very supportive but calling has worked really well, Usually they are very fix, now onto your question with netflix, When you took out the tv plan with netflix you should of received an email from info@account.netflix.com which says "Activate Netflix in a few clicks"

netflix.png

If your contract was not activated, you would not of received this, I suggest checking your orders (Click here)
If it does not appear there I suggest you call BT.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you Benny. I have the original from  info@account.netflix.com sent on 3rd May . However, the link doesn't work as BT Cancelled that contract in the first week of May after having not turned up for an inslallation date.

I will persevere and call again today.

Why is BT the only company that I use services from that refuses to send out contract information by email. All other services send details of what you are paying for and what to expect.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

You should be able to access all of that information via your My BT section, I am sure this other ways to get it emailed to you, but you can press "CTRL + P" on the page select "Print to PDF" and then safe that file anywhere you want, you can also email yourself the pdf as an attatchment for safekeeping!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks, you have been very helpful. I should point out that i am one of BT's hidden customers, by that i mean that i have been with them for 20 years, all bills paid on time. As a company they seem to create problems for customers like me whilst going all out to recruit new customers. Its a funny world we live in.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

haha no worries, always happy to help if I can, and sadly I've had that experience with a large majority of services I've used, Glad you are sorted and have a great day!

0 Ratings