cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Upgrade from fttc to fttp. Will I get smart hub 2?

Go to solution

I'm in the middle of upgrading from 60mb fttc to 500mb fttp. The outside work has been done, the inside work is scheduled for Nov 13th.

Should I be getting a smart hub 2?T here's no mention of it on my order tracking.

I currently have smart hub 1 but it doesn't have a red WAN port for fttp, so I'm worried it won't work.

My wife works from home so I'm hoping to minimise any loss of internet

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Upgrade from fttc to fttp. Will I get smart hub 2?

Go to solution

You should get a SH2 when you upgrade to FTTP. are you sure you don't already hav a SH2 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

1000005241.jpg

1000005242.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@Graham24 

You should receive one in the post, a couple of days before, as part of your order. You will also need to use that if you still need a phone service.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

But will it come, there's no mention of it on my order tracking.

1000005247.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

It may not show on your order, there is plenty of time yet.

In the event of it not turning up in time, you can connect a PC/Laptop direct to the ONT, or get a cheap router locally, to get you online, as you have cancelled your phone service.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

So it didn't turn up. Had to buy one for when engineer came to install.

Openreach engineer struggled to get new router working because it needed username and password for pppoe login. We figured it out in the end.

Openreach guy was supprised no router had been sent, he said old router definitely wouldn't work on fttp.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Graham24,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread. I'm glad to hear that the engineer has been out and was able to get things up and running.

With regards to your Hub, I'm sorry this never arrived. If you want me to chase this for you, drop me a Private message and I can take a look at the order.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings