cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Usage stats not available on MY BT app.

The 'My BT' app has stopped showing usage data for the 2 mobiles and 1 landline on my account.  When I select the 'View your usage' option, I get the error message 'Fetching the Authorisation Token... Please wait for a moment...' and the screen freezes.  This happens on the phone app and on my PC.  I have tried reloading the 'My BT' app but the problem persists.  I reported the error to Debra of the BT Cloud Team on 8th June 2024 but it hasn't been fixed.  Any suggestions? (apart from switching to another provider!).

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Usage stats not available on MY BT app.

I’ve stopped using the BT app as it’s behaving strangely and nobody seems bothered with a fix, I now log on to My BT with ipad safari browser, pages look the same, and can check my usage, I have unlimited Broadband so there are no extra charges, I don’t use the the landline for out going calls so the charges show £0.00. I can see the incoming landline call list and also check my block list.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Usage stats not available on MY BT app.

Hello

This is a well-known problem with the BT app on whatever platform you use.

It has been complained about and users are waiting for a fix from BT.

As I understand it, "fetching authorisation...." requests a popup and on some browsers (Chrome) you can see that a popup has been blocked.

In Chrome Settings>Privacy and Security>Popups and redirects, you can allow popups for My BT.

This does work and you can see your daily usage detail.

The bad news is that it only lasts for a couple of days before going back to its old ways. In Chrome, despite having popups allowed, you now get a blank page with About blank.

It's the same with Edge.

If you are a phone user, you probably want to use the app and not have the hassle of using a browser.

This is a poor show by BT and you should expect to be able to see your detailed usage, especially if going over your data allowance results in more charges.

If any other utility like gas, water or electricity took away your means of taking readings, they would soon be in trouble. BT are doing the same.