cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

VIP package taken on the pretence I cancel within 6 months

Hi, I phoned BT 7 months ago to reduce my package price and was told that I could take advantage of sky cinema and would still be paying less than I was paying BUT would have to phone before 6 months was up to cancel to avoid paying more as the package would then go up. I did phone after making a mental note of the date being around the time we came back off holiday.

I was told that they couldn't cancel sky cinema without cancelling everything else and I didn't want that to happen, so I told the advisor that I'd phone back in a days time. I phoned back and was told that nothing needed doing. I could just carry on as I was and I wouldn't incur any charges.

I received my bill for June and the package had gone up by £40, so I told the rep I wanted it sorted out. The nice lady said she'd sorted it out and I'd be creditted the extra £40 onto my account. I didn't recieve the money and this month it was the same an extra £40.

I've just spent another 40 mins on the phone and been told that BT would have to listen to the call again (They wouldn't take my word for it) and they'll phone me back next wednesday 26th June because it takes 7 days to listen to a call. He did say he'd reimburse me the £40 from last month but couldn't do the same for this month until listening to the call. I just want this sorted out, why does it takes lots of calls to sort out something so simple? If the reps put a message on your account as he told me they should do then people would know what was going on.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: VIP package taken on the pretence I cancel within 6 months

Hi @Matt2012, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that you having trouble sorting your BT TV package. 
Are you trying to downgrade your flexible TV package? You should be able to do this through your MyBT.  

Check what our flexible tv packages at: What is BT TV? | About the New BT TV | BT

and the channels for each package: Channels and add-ons with BT TV packages | BT Help

Cheers

John

0 Ratings