cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Vulnerable customers

An attempted broadband upgrade gone belly-up...

An upgrade to full-fibre broadband and digital voice was started yesterday - the old service was disconnected and all old copper wiring was removed.

The engineer then tried, and failed miserably, to connect the new service leaving an 80 year old vulnerable woman without landline or broadband. It is anticipated that someone will actually bother to finish the job on 11 July - 20 days late and they seem quite happy to leave this vulnerable person completely cut off.

The previous engineer promised that a second person would arrive yesterday afternoon to finish the job - i have since discovered this was a total lie and everyone I have spoken to since has been apologetic and made all the right noises but haven't actually done anything practical to help.

They've offered a mini-hub which will give broadband (albeit not the most reliable) until the job is completed but this will not assist with the lack of landline.

You would think that the installer would check whether the outside cabling could be completed before disconnecting the internal wiring but that requires common sense which was sadly lacking.

They are also, it seems, not willing or able to send someone to reinstall the old wiring until the new service can be supplied.

I am appalled by this and want to escalate it to whoever has the compassion to actually help and make things right immediately.

Any mods like to be a hero?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Vulnerable customers

I have asked mods to see if they can help. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Vulnerable customers

Hi @RichD71 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry there's been a delay getting the connection completed. I'm not sure if there is anything we can do to help but I'll be happy to take a look for you. Check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings