cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: We're sorry we had to cancel your recent order

@Carlusha Their website states that their ultrafast packages are Full Fibre FTTP

Message 12 of 18

@adams901wrote:

@Carlusha Their website states that their ultrafast packages are Full Fibre FTTP

Oh! I genuinely wasn't aware of that.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Did you manage to get an answer or get this fixed?

I placed an order last week to move from FTTP with sky and just had the exact same text.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

I've spent about 4 hours on the phone to them over the last few days, going from team to team.

They are now blaming sky and saying they have put a lock on the line and that the back office team will investigate and I should hear back by next Monday.

I don't think this is the issue, the problems I'm seeing now are the same problems I had when I moved into the new build 11 years ago, but back then they had a dedicated team I had to call to order it.

The whole postcode gets the same error ( can't order this online please call this number), it doesn't matter what house number I select (I'm sure sky hasn't but a lock on every single house) but they want to do their checks.

I'm happy to report back if I was wrong, but at this rate it might be easier and faster to go with virgin.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Well that's not encouraging 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

I've just had a text with a new date and this time had emails from Sky confirming I've cancelled and a transfer date (didn't have that before).

I've lost a week but at least it looks like it is moving.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

If you have Openreach FTTP , ( with Sky or anyone else ) and want to switch providers, even if the address has issues , the serial number of the ONT should allow the existing service to be ‘located’ , but as with any switch , there is an option for the losing provider to cancel the move , by using the process designed to stop slamming , basically by saying our customer didn’t ask for this change and has asked for it to be stopped.
I’m not saying that this is what’s happening in this case ,  but orders can be cancelled by the losing ISP supposedly only for this reason , but who actually checks ?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Happy you got it sorted garak.

I won't hold much hope of them contacting me on monday based on previous experience, so no doubt it will be another hour on the phone 

I tried calling the number I had to use 11 years ago for the Ebbsfleet valley customer service desk, but its not in use anymore so I guess the team doesn't exist anymore.

Fingers crossed I can get it all completed before my next sky billing date.

0 Ratings