cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

What can I actually get in my home?

Hi all

I've been checking the Broadband Availability Checker on the BT Wholesale website and getting some contrasting information.

My exchange is DOUGLAS (Glasgow City Centre).

douglas.pngdouglas2.png

As you can see from the table, FTTP on Demand is listed as available but at the bottom notes, it says not available?

Also, I've had speed issues before because I am too far from the exchange. I've been told the max speed I can get is what I currently have which is 140mbps.

I've also been in touch with Openreach direct who have advised me that GFast is available to me at over 300mbps...

Just a tad confused about what I can actually get because I'm being told one thing and another.

My broadband is due for renewal mid-October and although CityFibre have been digging up the whole of Glasgow for the last year, including on my street, apparently I still can't get 1000mbps fibre broadband yet.

Not sure what to do in terms of renewal.

Cheers

DP

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: What can I actually get in my home?

from dslchecker it appears you can get Fibre 2 80/20 or G.Fast up to 300mb.  there is no FTTP available to you currently

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 10

thanks for that - would you know how I would go about getting the GFast up to 300mb? it doesn't appear to be an option when I go to renew my broadband
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi @deadpool from the max observed speeds yesterday it shows you're already on G.Fast with a download speed of 194Mbps.

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 10

Hi Neil
Good to hear from you again 🙂
Thanks for checking this but I'm not sure where that figure is coming from? Not once in all my time with BT in my property have I seen a speed of 194mb.
It tops out at 140mb.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@deadpool it's under the observed speeds section on the Availability checker results you posted. The last recorded speed was yesterday under the G.Fast section.

If you log in to MyBT and click your products what's the name of the broadband package you have? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hmm that is strange. I'm not denying what it is saying but I am doubting it. I'd be more than happy with 194mb but I promise you it's never hit over 140mb. I've speed-tested it on several devices for the last 2 years and that's been the max.
Even when the engineer tried to sort things at the exchange he said 140mb would be the max.
The broadband package is called Fibre 100 with BT Halo 3
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@deadpool Fibre 100 is capped at a maximum 160 download. Is it showing Fibre 300 available in your offers section?

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

That makes sense.
The highest in my offers section is Fibre 250 (177mb)
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@deadpool That would remove the 160Mb limit that's currently on your Fibre 100 plan. 

0 Ratings