cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Where's Fibre 2

Go to solution

I received a letter from BT last month telling me I am out of contract and that I could save some money by signing up for a new package.

I don't need full fibre, so I was happy to see that one of the options (in the letter) was Fibre 2 & 700 Anytime Minutes for £24.99 PM. This is more or less what I have now and paying £63.34 PM for the privilege. 

If I go on to the BT website, I cannot find the option to sign up for this package. Everything it offers me is full fibre.

How do I get to the Fibre 2 deals?

SK

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Where's Fibre 2

Go to solution

You may find that fibre 2 can be delivered over fibre and copper. Its possible that if its a "fibre first" exchange, that full fibre is now the only option if Openreach are intending to offload the local copper pairs, or maybe the FTTC cabinet is full, and they are not going to enlarge it if there is a fibre node nearby.

The price should be the same whichever medium the service is delivered over.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @SKirby63   “Last month” is a lifetime away when it comes to offers. Fibre 2 + 700 minutes special offer for new customers is £27.99 +£7.50 = £35.49 which is going up to £40.60 after March 31st.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @SKirby63,

I am sorry that the offers don't appear to be showing for Fibre 2 any more.

I'd like to take a look into this for you to see if it's still available to order or if FTTP (Full Fibre) is only available. I'll send you a private message with some details that I need.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you DanielS.

I am currently on "Fibre 2 including Unlimited Weekend Calls" and being charged £63.34 PM.

The letter says I can have "Fibre 2 & 700 Anytime Minutes" for £24.49 PM.

The letter also says I can keep my package the way it is. Why would I do that?

Thanks

SK

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you DanielS.

I am currently on "Fibre 2 including Unlimited Weekend Calls" and being charged £63.34 PM.

The letter says I can have "Fibre 2 & 700 Anytime Minutes" for £24.49 PM.

The letter also says I can keep my package the way it is. Why would I do that?

Thanks

SK
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @SKirby63, thanks for taking the time to speak with me earlier. 

Just to confirm the the forum members your Broadband max speed is predicted to be under 55Mb and Fibre1 packages have a 55/10 profile so there is no need to take up Fibre2 as you're not using the extras such as Virus Protect. 

I tested your speed and you were getting 49Mb and you are very happy with your current connection and changing the package to F1 won't affect your speed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings