cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Why does an 80 year old need such expensive Broadband???

TBH, this is all very new to me, they have always guarded their finances and i have not wanted to intefere, it was only due to a bit of a problem with their Hotmail account, they my mom let out the issues they're having. I know the broadband is up in Februaray, i just assumed it would all be at the same time. i will have to have a good look to see if the call package is different. I'm just so upset for them, that at their age, they're paying so much money for so little. They are generally very financially astute, but broadband and call charges can be very confusing, (even i have to get my youngest son to check everything before i commit)
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

if you are able to login to their MYBT account then you should be able to see the correspondence showing more package details and also renewal of contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

If their contract ends in February then bear in mind they were subject to a 14.4% increase just a month after starting it,  with a further 7.9% this year. So that would make their bill today 23.4% higher than when the contract started.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

@thebirds I think you would have a perfectly valid claim that they've been missold the package they are on.  I would suggest you initially contact BT regarding the misselling, and if you get nowhere then speak to your local trading standards!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 15 of 17

As do most people who have Halo I expect 😜

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Hi @thebirds and welcome.

I'm sorry you're not happy with the charges etc. have you considered our Essentials package? You'll find details at BT Home Essentials Broadband | Universal Credit Broadband.

Cheers

David

Message 17 of 17

@naylor2006 I'm sure there are perfectly valid situations where the Halo packages would be advantageous, it's just that this does not appear to be one of them!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings