cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Won't give me discs

Hi,

I recently moved to BT after 10years with Sky. If i had any issues with Wifi Signal in my house Sky would send me a disc free.

The signal strength with BT is not great around my house (and its a small house) but BT Technical support say i have to pay £100 for a disc because i am on Broadband only and not the right package for a free disc.

It doesn't seem right that a Broadband package these days could come without reliabilty for a small house.

Dave

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Won't give me discs

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Buy your own solution is my recommendation, its a little more to setup but not alot more and most products come with apps which make it a piece of cake. An upfront investment now in your own WIFI setup which you can take from ISP to ISP no matter what product you are on is always the best route.

When it comes to changing ISP again you wont even need to change your WIFI SSID etc....if you go through the ISP, sure it might be a little more simple to setup, IE just plug it in....but you'll usually have to pay extra per device along with it being useless once you no longer are with said ISP.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Sky weren't sending you a disc out of the goodness of their heart either, you were obviously paying for the equivalent add on with them too.

Standard packages give a speed to the hub because there's so many factors that can affect wifi signal that a booster may be needed

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi Gary,

The sky package was actually the same as rhe current BT one, same price as well. The sky one wasn't even really needed (it just gave a good boost upstairs.

The kitchen area didn't need a disc or boost with Sky but it does now with BT... which just seems strange.

I'm usually happy enough to pay for whatever is needed but it just seems the BT hub isn't reaching the much further out of the living room.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

The SmartHub performs the same for everyone. What varies is your house. If you have thick stone walls for example then the signal might not make it around the house adequately.

Your house construction is not the fault of BT!

So if you want better Wi-Fi than the one router can provide you have the option of paying for Complete WiFi from BT as a service at £5 a month, or buying your own Wi-Fi mesh system.

BT cannot be responsible for WiFi coverage beyond the router as there are too many variables. You need to take responsibility for this yourself.

0 Ratings