Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Worst customer service experience

Go to solution

Hi all,

I was a customer for 13years 

I had the telephone and broadband package though I hadn’t used my BT Broadband for over 1 1/2 years because I purchased Starlink because my internet was only 2-4mbps and I couldn’t live with it any longer or the family arguments over usage.

On May 20th I decided it was about time I stopped paying for the broadband none of us used and called BT.

I discussed with a lady the reasons why I no longer wanted my broadband package and wanted to cancel that but keep my phone. Now I asked her 3x, “you’re not going to cut my phone off are you, I want to keep that”. “Yes, yes yes”, she assured me.

Ok, I thought.

Broadband cutoff day comes, and the phone is also cut off 🙄.

So I gave it a few days to see if BT fixed their mistake, nope.

I gave a call to BT to get this response.

Sorry sir but your account has been completely closed and you can’t have the phone number you have had for 13years back. Now, we can give you a new number and it will cost £70 to have your new number put on.

As you can all imagine, I’m pretty annoyed now and said, “I lost my phone number I’ve had 13 years and now I have to pay you £70 for your mistake, are you having a laugh, I feel like I’m being scammed”.

The Guy on the phone said they would pass on the matter to support who would be in touch to try and rectify my old phone number and cancel the £70 charge.

Its now been 3 weeks and I’ve not heard from support but I have had numerous hounding emails, text messages and phone calls for me to pay the first bill, £92.86 of which £70 is your line connection mistake.

I have 30 days to cancel this contract, and basically in next 3 days I’m likely to cancel that contract to be honest because I feel so annoyed about how you have dealt with this whole thing.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Worst customer service experience

Go to solution

Hi @deanog78, sorry your telephone service was disconnected in error. 

We can arrange for the connection fee to be refunded but it's unlikely we will be able to get your old number back. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team if you want to keep the telephone service and have the connection charge removed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings