cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

XBox Ultimate Gaming Add On SCAM

Absolutely LIVID it Christmas Day and someone has hacked my BT account and added on an XBOX Ultimate Gaming Add on for a recurring £10/month to my account! I can’t get hold of BT as it’s Christmas Day so they’re closed so someone is now using my account.  I’m furious.  We don’t even own an XBOX!!! Ive managed to switch off the recurring feature but how have they’d used my phone number to do this? And how do I know this isn’t going to keep happening now.  Furious that BT have allowed someone to add something to my bill without my permission- will be on the phone as soon as their office reopen.  Merry Christmas Hackers! 😡 nothing is sacred 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: XBox Ultimate Gaming Add On SCAM

little consolation but you are not alone from other posts on the forum

can I ask did you upgrade your broadband recently and get a free xbox ultimate 6/12 month subscription?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 21

No been on same contract, we have no add ons etc infact it’s due to renew in a few months.  They’ll be having the sharp end of my tongue as soon as they open that’s for sure! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Hmm, that'll help.

Message 5 of 21

@Flibbidyjibwrote:

will be on the phone as soon as their office reopen. 

Essential frontline teams work on Christmas day and every other day of the year, you can contact support today but sales are closed.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

Had exactly the same happen to us today. I had an email thanking us for adding it to our bill - thought it was likely a spam email but logged in separately to check and low and behold it is added to our bill at £10 a month. I've toggled the option off, changed password and added 2 step authentication to the account.

From looking at the posts on here today, we are not alone and I can only hope BT will work to resolve this when they are back in the office or I fear they are likely to lose a significant amount of customers! 

Message 7 of 21

how do you add two-step verification please?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

I went into the "your profile" section and scrolled to the bottom - you'l should find it there. Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Can’t get through to them today or yesterday they are closed
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Hi @Flibbidyjib,

If you call between 10-4pm today you should be able to get through to someone who can help you today. Tomorrow it's back to normal.

Any issues, come back to me and I'll reach out to you. Note, it will take my team a few working days before we can get back to you if you don't get the help that you need when you call in.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings