cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

accounts transfer

hello i'm looking to upgrade upgrade to full fibre using my discount from the company but i'm already with BT which is in my moms account but when i created an account it asks for BT number which i have now from my mom but i sent a request to be account manager but i believe i need to to be the account holder but it says it has to be in my name. 

so is there a way to transfer ownership because on the website it says not impossible but they can do it only if the previous is deceased or something but i still need a bt number regardless so can i apply fresh as a new customer without bt wife and landline even though i have those things but not in my name? i feel like it would be easier ? 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: accounts transfer

You cannot transfer your mother's account into your name

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 10

thank you, so the best idea is to do create my own in my name n get fibre that way then she cancel's hers?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@3lvizwrote:
thank you, so the best idea is to do create my own in my name n get fibre that way then she cancel's hers?

If your mom has FTTC (fibre to the cabinet) and you're ordering FTTP (fibre to the premises) then you can have 2 connections active, that way your account doesn't impact your moms.

Also be mindful when cancelling your moms account, she will lose her current phone number and check with her that she isn't in a minimum term, otherwise early termination fees would be applied.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

well if your right and i can have 2 connection theres no need for her to cancel her account my main plan was just to take over the payments plan and use the employee discount
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

phone line

i asked a question here which was very nicely thank you but i have follow up questions to that about upgrading to fibre and still keeping the same phone number? i currently do have bt wifi but its in my moms name but i want to take over paying for it  since i currently live with her so i created m own account so she can then cancel hers but on the options on colleague discount i can put i pay for landline and have permission by account holder, it worked once to send me next stage then it stopped.   now its not working it just says i entered miss information which is fine , they i start over by saying i don't have bt wifi and put my account details fresh it send me through all the way i click i want to keep my old phone and anything related to keeping phone number but it still says on one of the sections at the end we'll send you a new number for your phone,  i know my friend said you can call them later to get it changed back to your original number and i called bt they didn't fuzz all but said possibly to get changed back as-well.

but 2 things for me one being you don't need a phone to connect fibre to begin with?

2 if anyone has gone through this has it worked changing to your old number after they gave you a new one because if you can i can just do that .

but i also have a socket for a phone/wifi in my rooms i don't know if that can solve all my problems as-well.

thank you in advance 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Re: phone line

As you were told last time you cannot have your mothers account changed to you. You do not have a number to transfer, your mother has.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

yes the account transfer part i understood i know you cant, my question is keeping the same number instead of getting a new one like its saying on the package , because i created my own account now so she dosen'
t need to transfer
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

If your mother is not terminating her contract with BT then her phone number is not available to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 10 of 10

thank you very much, i think best option is to get my own line in room to solve the problem
0 Ratings