cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

change my contract of Broadband

Dear Friend

I am long standing customer for the BT which until 31/3/2024 was paying £53 / month for both landline and broad band. However, on the above date I have spoken to your representative about stopping the land line as I don’t using it on regular basis which he explained to me the status of my bill for Broadband as following (that I was paying  £28.96 / month for Broadband and if I stop the land line then increase of my monthly Broadband by £4 to become £32.62 / month and because the starting date after 1/4/2024 then the bill will increase by 3.9% to become £35/month and ask me if I am happy with these changes and I accept the offer). I have received email of the summer of the contract which clearly confirmed my monthly charge will £35/ month in two confirming places of this email. However, my first bill after this contact was £53.99. Therefore, I have tried to contact you few times and each time open case you close it without even inform the results until I recall you to find out. In each of my calls your representative does understand my concern of the changing the price by you but after long discussions on both calls the put case on review and to go back to you they said there was no clear outcome. As a customer right I am looking for both sides you and me to respect the contract for 24 month as clearly explained by you contract summery. I had accepted these contract conditions and you are obliged to provide me the promised contract we both agreed with (please listen to the conversation between your in charge representative where I changed my previous contract to the new one based on his explanation and the email I received on 30/3/2024) as it was no sense for me to accept the price of broadband for the same price previously on for both broadband and landline at the same time. I would like to investigate and listen to the mentioned conversation as by the customer right to get all information and contract clear and very clear to reach the correct agreement

please find my contract summery

Date: 30 March 2024 at 13:18:34 GMT
To: 
Subject: Your BT package details

Contract summary

Hello 

This contract summary provides the main elements of this service offer. It helps to make a comparison between service offers.

If you have a healthcare alarm, you confirm you've checked with your Telecare provider that it is compatible with Digital Voice.

Once your Digital Voice has been installed, please complete a test call to ensure Telecare works.

Complete information about the services is provided in other documents.

Document one: Your contract summary

Services

Package summary

BT

·         Halo3+

Broadband

·         Fibre Halo 3+

Speed of the internet access service and remedies in case of problems

Broadband speeds

We predict you'll get the following speeds:

Your estimated download speed: 49-55 Mbps

Your estimated upload speed: 16-18 Mbps

Your Stay Fast download speed: 45 Mbps

Find out what to do if you're not getting your expected download speeds.

Price

One-off charges

Use your Home Tech Expert later

£0.00

Total one-off charges

£0.00

Monthly charges for this order

Fibre Halo 3+

£35.00

Total monthly charges

£35.00

A note about our prices
The monthly plan price for the service, out of bundle charges and add-ons, will be increased on or after 31st March each year by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation published in January that year plus 3.9% (rounded down to the nearest whole pence). Learn about our annual price changes.

We may also increase any charges at any time. If we do, you may be able to end the service early without termination charges. For more details, please see our terms and conditions.

Duration, renewal and termination

Duration

Broadband
Your broadband contract is for 24 months.

After this, you'll move to a 30-day rolling contract until you give us notice to leave or sign up to a new contract.

Home Phone
Your phone contract is for 24 months.

The minimum term begins when your service starts as set out in our terms and conditions.

You can end the service as set out in our terms and conditions. Unless stated otherwise, you'll normally need to give us 30 days' notice.

If you stop your services within your minimum term, you might have to pay early termination charges. However, if you cancel because we've made changes to your services, these charges may not apply.

If you have more than one product with us, the contracts may be linked. In some situations, if you can cancel one without early termination charges, you may be able to cancel other linked contracts as well.

If you end a service, you must return any loaned equipment within 60 days. If you don't, you'll be charged.

How we calculate the early termination fee
The fee is calculated as the total remaining monthly charges until the end of your minimum period, minus the costs we save for you leaving early and a 1% discount.

For example, if you have four months left and you pay £35 a month, the cancellation fee would be £67.32.

Please visit our Leaving BT page for a further explanation on how we calculate the cancellation fee.

For more information, please see our terms and conditions.

Features for customers with disabilities

Learn more about the products and advice available to help you.

Other relevant information

For information about your right to cancel, see the pre-contract information document.

Document two: Pre-contract information

Your package in detail

BT Halo3+

·         As a BT Halo customer you get our:

o    Hybrid Connect - automatically connects you to the EE mobile network if needed

o    Wi-fi in every room - our Complete Wi-Fi discs give you reliable wi-fi in every room of your home, or £100 money-back guarantee

o    Home Tech Experts - You will receive 1 free visit every 12 months from our Experts to either set up your new equipment or complete an annual health check. Our experts will come to your home within a 2 hour appointment slot, 7 days a week

o    Our price promise - you'll never pay more than a new customer when you renew your contract

Broadband

Your package:

·         Fibre Halo 3+

This package includes:

• Stay Fast Guarantee
  • Unlimited monthly broadband usage
  • UK and Ireland call centres - you will always speak to one of our team based in the UK & Ireland when you call us

Monthly prices and one off payments:

• £53.99 a month
  • £0 activation
  • 24 month contract
  • FREE postage and packaging

Do not renew Line Rental Saver
Pay up front by debit/credit card and save £1.90 a month for 12 months.

Home Phone

Your contract is for: 24 months

The minimum term begins when your service starts.

Service characteristics

Broadband speeds

We predict you'll get the following speeds:

Your estimated download speed: 49-55 Mbps

Your estimated upload speed: 16-18 Mbps

Your Stay Fast download speed: 45 Mbps

Stay Fast Guarantee
All broadband packages come with a Stay Fast download speed guarantee that's personalised to your home. We promise you'll get the speed all day every day, or we give you a £20 BT Rewards card. With up to four claims a year.

Your speed may be lower than your estimate. It can be affected by using a wireless connection, and the number of devices connected to it, especially at peak times. You can check your speed using the My BT app, online or by calling us on 0330 1234 150. If after 30 days we can't get you back to the speed we promised, you can leave your contract without penalty.

The Stay Fast Guarantee is only applicable for your fixed line broadband and doesn't cover your 4G or Hybrid Connection. It also excludes outages, connection faults and home wiring outside of BT's control.

Find out more about your Stay Fast Guarantee and how to check your speeds.

Our broadband packages don't have any speed restrictions. Learn more about our approach to traffic management.

It's important to know that the speed ranges we show are estimates. Your actual speed depends on your location, line, home wiring, Wi-Fi connection and time of day.

Possible impacts to your broadband speeds
Delays or interruptions in the transmission of data or packet loss, may result in your broadband running slowly or web pages not loading.

If there's packet loss or a delay in broadband data transfer, then you may find certain applications have a brief interruption of video and audio. This can also affect the time it takes to complete a task, like downloading a track.

Price

One-off charges

Use your Home Tech Expert later

£0.00

Total one-off charges

£0.00

Monthly charges for this order

Fibre Halo 3+

£35.00

Total monthly charges

£35.00

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: change my contract of Broadband

Hi @hwaish,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry if your package costs on your bill don't match up with what was agreed when you signed up to you package. Please send me your details and I'll take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings