cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

change to Broadband only contract

My contract on  Halo 3 fibre is coming to an end.  I also have a landline which I paid for with line rental saver.  However last summer my landline was changed to Digital Voice.  Because I had paid for my telephone rental as an annual payment I decided to wait until my contract ended before asking to make any changes.  I don't use my home telephone that much any more,  I mostly use my mobile.  I had kept my home telephone as a backup, but now that it is 100% reliant on broadband and electricity,  it is less attractive as a backup.  I have rung BT twice to see if I can get a broadband only contract and they just say that it is not possible for me to have a broadband only contract.  The reasons they give me such as I am using BT cloud, don't make that much sense to me.  I am happy to scrub BT Cloud to be honest.  Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: change to Broadband only contract

You will need to start a new contract for broadband only as you need to terminate your broadband and phone existing contract.  Try phoning options team 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply.  I have already tried phoning to get a broadband only contract when my existing one runs out but they say that I have one

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

That should say cannot have a broadband only contract

0 Ratings