cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

fast fibre installation delay

I think I can cap other users' fast  fibre installation delays by a comfortable mile. I placed my order on July 14th 2023 (!) and am still waiting for an engineer's visit. My complaint was escalated twice and I have written to the BT area manager but I am still waiting. The new hub was delivered way back in 2023. I am astonished at my own patience and in the meantime have to rely on very slow ADSL broadband. 

There was some mention by Openreach or Kelly that telegraph poles needed replacement but a whole year?? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: fast fibre installation delay

Have they said what the delay is?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The cable runs on wooden poles for about 400 yards along a small road from the underground connection  to the house. Apparently 2 or 3 poles are unsafe and cannot be climbed. I am told that it would not be necessary to close the road to replace the poles. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Right. Was talking to a mate a couple of months back and he was saying there was a shortage of Telephone Poles for some reason.

It wasn’t/isn’t just affecting Openreach. Apparently a lot of Network Providers are having issues. 

This wouldn’t surprise me, I remember it happening a couple of times when I worked there as a CST.

If it is still the case that there’s a shortage they’ll prioritise the Replacement of Poles that are in Danger of Collapse before any others.

If I remember rightly most of the Telephone Poles used in the U.K. are imported from Norway.

0 Ratings