cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

home essentials - unable to order

Hi all

I want to change to the BT home essentials £20 plan. I am recently out of contract with BT and am paying £60+ for what will be the same speeds (12mbps ish).

My problem is I updated the account holder info some time ago to reflect the person in my household to whom benefits are paid, but when I try to order home essentials it still brings up my DOB. I am not directly paid any benefits and so the check will show this up. How do I fix this? As far as I can see I'm not able to edit the date of birth when ordering on my mobile.

Any help much appreciated

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: home essentials - unable to order

you normally cannot change the account holder once setup  you may have added someone as the account manager which is something different

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: home essentials - unable to order

@sprocket77 

Only the current account holder can claim. If you are  the person named on the bills, then you are the account holder, and this cannot be changed unless you cancel your contract, and then the person who is receiving benefit, starts a new account with BT.

0 Ratings