cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: line rental discount?

I appreciate that’s the current position but my in experience its clearly not the case. I took out a broadband package, i.e. new contact in August 2021, "best they could offer" and have been charged line rental on top for the last 18 months. Still, no matter, I accepted costs but have now decided to move on to a new ISP who will offer me better customer service, they answer the phone within one minute, and more advanced technology.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

@BAFlyer 

you still don't get it about LRS

here is a previous post which hopefully will help clarify

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Confusion-over-renewal-amp-whether-line-rental-saver-will...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

@imjolly 

I do, and did, fully understand LRS, thank you, and was happy to make use of it.  My missives above may not have given that impression. Given its discontinued and my monthly cost is now very clear, one tended to ignore about the lump sum LRS payment until it was required again :-).  BT are no longer competitive, in what is a changing market, and I've decided to accept the forthcoming issues of changing to a new ISP, in order to save a great deal of money over the next 2 years. My choice, but I iterate I have been very pleased with BT over the past 35 years.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

Gosh, this doesn't clarify anything!

I unders6totally the need for an actual bit of wire to connect to BB in my home, irrespective of phone use. What I am trying for find out is this - will by monthly payment for my BB ( approx £35/month) increase to approx £55/ month now my line rental has ended ( discounted or not)?

If so, I think it may be time for a change, after 25 years with BT 😏

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

@simonriddler 

What broadband package do you have?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Think it's called halo1

But they talked digital voice on ( which Ive never used but they won't remove without cancelling contract ( ££££) 

Also have 2 mobile SIM only . Happy enough with them at £10/month.

Had a lot of BB outages in last 6 months tho but think this is due to them upgrading our town to cable so accept that even tho it's f***** annoying!

Rant over!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

As I mentioned in my earlier one liner response, what ever you were paying for your BB package prior to LRS being removed will increase by £19.99 after LRS removal.

For example my Broadband package plus "add ons" bill on was £17.00 per month when I was paying LRS. When my LRS was discontinued my bill went up to £36.99 (which is £17.00 plus £19.99).

Message 18 of 24

Oh for goodness sake, can't anyone understand simple maths.

The scheme simply gave a £20 discount for paying a proportion of a years costs as a lump sum.

That £20 discount no longer applies and the lump sum previously paid is now paid in 12 installments.

Message 19 of 24

licquorice

It isn't clear who your comment is addressed. As for me I fully understand the LRS concept, if it was addressed to somone else a little patience is required if they havn't grasped the implication of the removal of LRS.

I have exhausted my contribution to this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

@allanraymond  Yes, I agree that you understand it, but you are confusing those that don't by talking about an increase of £20/m without qualifying it with no longer paying the lump sum up front giving a false impression.

0 Ratings