cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

moving home woes with bt

Go to solution

currently on a fibre 2 package which is working fine but now need to move home.

Tried talking to bt today but was told there was still a current order "in progress" & that I have to wait until a "team" looks at why this order is still open & wait for an email to tell me when I can go ahead with the broadband move to new home.

I'm moving in 6 days & my "lead time" is running down which looks like there will be a length of time with no broadband when I move home 

Not happy to say the least, can anybody help ?

D*ck

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: moving home woes with bt

Go to solution

BT normally require at least two weeks notice of a home move so I doubt you will get it done any quicker.

See link

Moving Home with BT | Moving Broadband to a New Home | BT

As regards your open order, if you log onto your MyBT and got to "Orders & Faults"  it will show what the order is and this may be able to assits you in getting the order either completed or closed.

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
A current order where ?, is it on your account at your current address, or for the address you are moving to ?, a pending order at your current address could be ( for example ) unknown to you, an order to move you onto Digital Voice , and is already ‘in flight’ and it’s just bad luck that it’s happening as you are looking to move home , or if the address you are moving to , the current occupant has raised a cease order with whoever their provider is ( which isn’t the correct thing to do ) and that order needs to complete before your order can proceed
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Sorry the order is "pending" not "in progress" but shows me no info on the "my bt " pages. Everything is running as far as I can see including the digital voice service & the advisor I spoke to could not explain what the delay was & passed it over to another department to sort out.

D*ck
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@dcdickwrote:
Sorry the order is "pending" not "in progress" but shows me no info on the "my bt " pages. Everything is running as far as I can see including the digital voice service & the advisor I spoke to could not explain what the delay was & passed it over to another department to sort out.

D*ck

If the order is pending they can cancel it straight away, pending means it was created but never submitted or submitted but never progressed, so there's no changes in progress.
Ring back, speak to the 'Connections' team and request it cancelled, then speak to the 'Loyalty' team who can process the home move order.

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks
I'll try that in the morning, sounds logical to me & hopefully bt will agree !
Why does bt always make things difficult when you want to change anything ?

D*ck
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the interest but still no farther forward,  just keep getting told to "wait for email"

My bt says "auto undo order"  pending & when I try to track it all I get is a red box telling me to come back later

Because of this no order can be processed

I'm moving Friday & bt can't/wont even give an estimate of when I can be connected

Why should I stay with bt  ?

Length of time as a customer counts for nothing seemingly

Frustrated !!!

D*ck

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@dcdick I'm sorry the open order is stopping you from arranging your home move, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over your details and the moderation team will be happy to see if anything can be done to get that closed off.

Thanks

Neil

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

My thanks to  NeilO for spotting & raising the issue & grateful thanks to  Stuart for resolving things this morning for me

Happy to mark as solved

D*ck

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @dcdick 

Thanks for taking my call it was a pleasure talking to you and I'm really happy I was able to help get this resolved.

Cheers

Stuart