cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

"12 Months Free" Gamepass Ultimate

I really hope someone can help or advise me if they have experienced the same problem as I really am at the end of my tether;

I upgraded my BT Broadband 4th August 2023 and received an email with a link to avail of "12 months free Gamepass ultimate" two days later (6th August 2023).  I followed the instructions precisely  and connected my existing Xbox account (which already had approx 2 years of subscription prepaid)  and almost immediately an additional month of Gamepass subscription was added to my account.

All appeared well until several hours later I received an automated email from BT advising me that I would be charged £10 per month for subscribing to Gamepass through BT.  I immediately contacted BT via live chat where I was advised to ignore this email as my account showed the free 12 month offer and no record of any charges forthcoming.  

When my next bill was issued there was £10 charge for Xbox Gamepass.  I again contacted BT and an agent stated the £10 would be refunded.  I reiterated the fact that I was on a free 12 month period for this service and the agent agreed.  I asked if he could sort my account so that there would be no further £10 charges.  He agreed to do so and put me on hold.  He returned and told me the issue was sorted.  After the phone call was ended I almost immediately received an automated email that my Xbox Gamepass had been cancelled??  I again called customer service where a new agent apologised and re-started my Gamepass subscription.  I again asked if my account could be updated to reflect my 12 month free offer and that no further charges would be applied to my account.  I was advised this wasn't possible and the only solution was to call back each and every month for 12 months and request a £10 refund.  I explained that surly this was not a free subscription and I deemed this to be unacceptable.  I was informed there were no other options.  I requested I could speak with a supervisor or someone with better access to my account to solve my issue.  Eventually I spoke with a more senior customer service representative.  His solution was to initiate a new order for the 12 month free Gamepass subscription which would be added to my account.  All sounded well.  I was again contacted by this supervisor both by email and telephone a few days later and he stated that the new order had appeared to have went through.  He stated that it appeared that there were 2 similar Gamepass subscriptions  linked to my account, my original one that I had created that was incurring the £10 per month charge and the new "free" subscription initiated by him.  He told me that he would now cancel the original order and that I would receive an email advising me that my Xbox Gamepass subscription had ended which I duly did.  A few days later  on 7th September I noted a second month subscription had been added to my Gamepass account so I assumed again all was well.  

Upon checking "My BT / My products" online there was nothing to indicate that I was still subscribed to Xbox Gamepass but the previous advisor had told me not to worry as it was showing as live in my account.  

7th October came and went and no further months had been added to my Gamepass on 24th October I sent an email to the Customer Services Team leader that had created the free 12 month subscription, I received no reply.

On 30th October I again telephoned BT and spoke to a new advisor.  He read all prior notes and upon checking my account he noted that there was a free 12 month subscription showing on my account but it was only showing as "available" as opposed to "active."   I was placed on hold whilst he sought advice from a supervisor then I was transferred to the BT technical team advisor who again listened to my story, read my notes and apologised for the issue. Eventually I was advised that he couldn't sort the issue and would have to refer the matter to an offline "bridging team."  He arranged a call-back phone call to take place 31st October between 1030 and 1230 where he would update me.  A short time after this call I received an automated email from BT advising me that a complaint had been raised and they would get back to me shortly.  This was despite me not raising a complaint on this occasion but none the less I thought at last my issue was being taken seriously.

I waited phone in hand for this 2 hour period but no call was received.   I took to twitter to see if I could find out why I hadn't been contacted.  Quite quickly I received a message through twitter that BT had tried to call me at 1135 but had been unable to get through.  I made it known that I disputed that this call attempt had been made.  I was further advised that the issue was being investigated by "the relevant team" and they would be in contact.  A short time later I received another automated email from BT advising me that my complaint had been closed.  I immediately raised this with the BT representative on Twitter who informed me that it had been closed because they couldn't get through to me on the phone.  They agreed to reopen the complaint and I received an email to that effect a short time later.

I hope this hasn't been too arduous to read and does provide enough background as to what my issue is.

Has anyone had the same problems and can give any advice on how to proceed.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: "12 Months Free" Gamepass Ultimate

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Thank you 👍

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Hi @Petrodmul51

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am very sorry for all the problems you've experienced after placing your order for the free 12 month Xbox offer.  I appreciate the time you've spent over the phone trying to get this sorted out.  It's disappointing to see the amount of problems you've had after placing your original order.

I can see you have reached out to our guides on Twitter.  I know the team personally manage complaints from their side and I'm confident the guides will get you sorted.  Do you want to message me privately and I'll double check your case is where it needs to be?  Click into my profile >> here << and you'll see the envelope to message me in the top right hand corner.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Hi @Petrodmul51

Thank you for taking the time to message me privately.

As confirmed, our guides on Twitter are managing your case and are due to follow up with you again tomorrow.  Feel free to keep the thread updated with how things are going 🙂

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Hi again @RobbieMac 

Perhaps unsurprisingly nobody from BT reached out to me at any point today. Looks like I’ll have to spend tomorrow morning trying to plead my case to new set of customer service guides.

Is it possible to request to be connected with the team that is meant to be dealing with my case ? If so what team would I actually ask for ?

Thanks again for your help this far.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

@Petrodmul51 I'm really sorry about that, I can see you've messaged @RobbieMac with your details so there's no need to call again, we'll get in touch when you're at the top of our queue. The Xbox team works offline so can't be contacted over the phone but we can chase them up on your behalf. 

Thanks

Neill

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Hi @NeilO 

Thanks for getting back to me so  promptly and any ‘chasing up’ would be greatly appreciated.

I will hold off on phoning again today, have you any idea on a timescale for when I’m likely to be contacted ?

Kind regards 

Peter 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Hi @Petrodmul51 we're quite busy in the moderation team at the moment so it will be a couple of days, we'll take over the case and manage it until it's sorted. 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Hi @NeilO 

That’s sounds great, you have my sincere gratitude.

Hopefully hear from you soon.

Kind regards 

Peter 

0 Ratings