cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

reducung costs

Go to solution

I currently am on a landline and broadband tariff giving 700 minutes call time, I rarely use more than 300 minutes. In addition I have an old basic PAYG mobile with EE which averages less than £3 per month. I've decided I need to move to a smart phone and wish to reduce my fixed line costs to pay for the mobile. Menu options all seem to be linked to "upgrade" with no obvious ability to view cheaper options. Any ideas? I've contacted this board because, like the BT menus, there doesn't seem to be a more apropriate one.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: reducung costs

Go to solution

You should be able to go to MYBT and change your call package but the only packages now available are PAYG, 700 or unlimited

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks, I'll look at PAYG
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@NormanD1wrote:
Thanks, I'll look at PAYG

Do not move to PAYG if you "rarely use more than 300 minutes".
PAYG means pay as you go which is 26.12p per minute or around £16 per hour of calls.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks, after an earlier reply I had managed to find how to change my plan (I usually find BT menus take me round in circles) I had come to that conclusion so I've now to find my best SIM-free EE deal.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@NormanD1wrote:
Thanks, after an earlier reply I had managed to find how to change my plan (I usually find BT menus take me round in circles) I had come to that conclusion so I've now to find my best SIM-free EE deal.

If you login to www.bt.com/mybt and then look at mobile options, you'll be directed to the EE site and get a 10% discount applied for being a BT broadband customer, if you have Halo broadband package, you'll also get the data doubled on each mobile service you take from EE

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for the guidance, so far I have looked at a cheap phone with an EE offer, this may be better
0 Ratings